Sling Systems Approach to Core Intelligence (1-day; 9-6pm)
The Sling System was designed and developed by Marie-José Blom and available for purchase at BalancedBody.com. This unique system supports core up-training and early education of the Core Pilates Repertoire performed on the Cadillac (Trapeze Table). It provides a safe and optimal environment for clients of all levels.
This one day workshop focuses on the sling systems repertoire, embracing the “Pilates for everybody” philosophy with a tactile and somatic experience.
- Introduce More Depth and Challenge in the Core Pilates Repertoire For Any Level of Proficiency
- Learn Specific Protocol for Clients with Special NeedsAddress Proper Cueing for Precision and Movement Control with the Sling System Support
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- The Elderly
- Learn to Teach the Concept of Optimal Form, Alignment and Centering of Core Pilates Repertoire
- as a pre-Pilates introduction
Continuing Education Credit:
CECs for the course are available from Pilates Method Alliance
This workshop is available in an online version to review in great detail at Fusion Pilates.
- Muscles and Meridians: The Manipulation of Shape, Phillip Beach – ISBN-10: 0702031097
- The Pelvic Girdle, Diane Lee – ISBN-10: 0443073732
- Anatomy of Breathing, Blandine Calais-Germain – ISBN-10: 0939616556
- Anatomy of Movement, Blandine Calais-Germain – ISBN-10: 0939616572
- Core Intelligence, Marie-Jose Blom – 2002
- Pelvic Power: Mind/Body Exercises for Strength, Flexibility, Posture, and Balance for Men and Women, Eric Franklin – ISBN-10: 0871272598
Agenda Day 1:
- Check In
- Introduction – Anatomy, Evolution and Relationships of the Core Structure
- LAB – Functional Integration into Mat Repertoire
- Challenged and Reinforced Core and Beyond Repertoire with the Sling System Support
- Q & A
If you are interested in booking this workshop for your studio, please contact [email protected].